PILATES TEACHER TRAINING
Confidently teach anywhere and build a durable career with a longterm, supportive atmosphere.
THIS IS A 100 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
Required Course of Study Includes (32 hours of the following)
- Scope of Practice
- Code of Ethics
- Professional Conduct
- Universal Precautions
- Pilates Philosophy and Return to Life
- Pilates History
- Exercise Analysis/ Program Design and Teaching Technique: included repertoire for full mat certification program
- Movement Science/ Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Special Populations/ Precautions and Contraindications
- Observations (20 hours required, 10 hrs must be live or live virtual)
- Self Practice (16 hours required)
- Student Teaching (16 hours required)
- Pilates Classes/Sessions Using Mat (12 hours)
- Practical and Written Assessment (2 hours)
- Mentorship (2 hours)
Time Investment for Mat Program
This mat training is less intensive. You will have mat only studio access until the end of December. Plan to complete your hours and take your exam before Christmas. You will be teaching classes by January.
This training is an entryway into the world of movement science and therapies. My goal as your teacher is to teach you the basic fundamentals of pilates, the core exercises of the practice and give you a solid foundation to grow from. You will be on your own journey as you learn how to watch people move, cue them to improve their connection with their body and become a teacher of movement.
This training is rigorous. You will learn about how the human body moves, how to teach different bodies and about your own body as it transforms and changes throughout training. You will be learning many exercises, practicing them, teaching them and memorizing them. It is important that you understand this program is a teacher training program. You are here to learn how to teach. Your work in your own body will continue alongside this course and all your future endeavors but it is not the focus or the intent of this training program.
This course is designed to meet the standards of the National Certified Pilates Teachers exam. After completion of the coursework, required hours, practical and written exams you will be able to sit for the National Pilates Certification exam. This exam, being nationally recognized, will serve as your certifying credential as a pilates teacher.
November 4th & 5th
December 9th & 10th
How My Training is Different:
- You will be learning in an intimate and community based environment. The training is personal, growth mindset inspired, open to all learning styles and fully supported.
- Smaller class sizes, community engagement and adequate cohorts allow for a calm, fun, and well paced environment.
- Full access to online class library, myofascial release curriculum for required observation hours and exercise learning.
What You Will Learn:
- How to teach mat pilates exercises to an individual and to groups.
- How to choose and modify exercises to teach the body and group of bodies in front of you
- Basic anatomy and anatomical terms
- Pilates history, professionalism, and scope of practice
- Classical mat sequence
- Class program design
Tuition $1500 if paid by 11/1 (deposit required to hold spot)
Early Bird $1450 if paid in full by 9/1
- $550 deposit at registration
- $550 due by 11/7
- $550 due by 12/7
* 3.9% transaction fee if using credit card
- 32 hours of Instruction
- 2 hours of mentorship
- Full studio and online studio access until Jan 31, 2023
- Open studio observations
- Free last minute classes when space is available
- Group exam
- Opportunity to interview for instructor position
- Free student teaching for a family member
- Pilates sessions for your body with your classmates
- Watching your body transform during the training (priceless)